Policies & Info
- All Evening Performances begin at 8pm.
- All Matinee Performances begin at 3pm.
- Business Office and lobby open one hour prior to curtain time. Please come early; you might get to party with us!
- Theatre seating begins 30 minutes prior to curtain times.
- Main Stage ticket prices are by age group.
- All seats are intimately close to the action. We do provide breath mints in the lobby.
- Plays are $18 for Adult, $16 for Seniors (62+) and $10 for Students.
- Musicals are $17 for Adult, $15 for Seniors and $10 for Students.
- For Group Rates please call our business office at 864.224.4248 between 9am and 2pm.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Reservations may be changed. See Ticketing Fees below for details.
- Tickets must be presented to the usher 10 minutes before scheduled curtain time or the House Manager may release your tickets to any party present on that performance’s waiting list.
- Late Seating is at the discretion of the House Manager.
Online Box Office & Business Office Hours
- You may now purchase and reserve your seats online and print your own reservation. An email will also be sent with your reservation.
- Business Office Hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 2pm. Again, we encourage you to use our Online Box Office.
- During business hours, you may still may your reservation by phone or in person.
Ticketing Fees and Reservation Changes
- There will be an exchange fee of $2 per ticket due to the costs rendered by our ticketing company.
- Tickets may be transferred to another performance if seats are available.
- Season Members will be able to change their reservation for the fee of $1 if seats are available.
Attending The Theatre
- When coming to Electric City Playhouse you are taking part in a 2500+ year old tradition that engages you with the community in which you live. With this in mind please be courteous to the other audience members. You are part of their experience and they are part of yours.
- Watching a play requires you to think. Enjoy yourself with your brain ON. You can’t go back if you miss something – this is live and in the flesh.
- There are many different types and styles of plays. You will enjoy the experience more if you do a little bit of research into the play and the playwright. The Internet is your friend and we encourge you to enjoy it.
- Don’t be afraid to laugh…there are laughs even in tragedies. Go ahead…it’s ok!
Photography, Smart Phones and Other Electronic Devices
- Smart phone use is strictly prohibited during our shows. It is a great distraction to other patrons and to our cast.
- Texting, taking photographs or operation of any recording device in the theatre is a severe violation of the writer’s copyright. If we get caught letting you do this we will be in deep doo-doo. Please don’t even think about doing this!!
- All mobile devices must be turned off prior to entering the theatre. We do keep on hand a six-pound hammer that is most effective at putting phones into permanent silent mode.
- Should there be texting devices used during a performance, they will be collected by the acquisitions committee and sold at the pawn shop down the street. We want all of our patrons to have a nice theatre experience. If you don’t cooperate we might have to cast you into the outer darkness or cast you in the next play!!
- Attendance at The Electric City Playhouse is your tacit permission for us to use your still or moving image and recorded comments for marketing and/or fundraising purposes. You might become famous.
- We thank you for joining us.